2006/08/03

Ready to Rumble

Well! I have never experienced this before. About one hour ago, at 1:39 a.m., it suddenly felt as if a house-sized Hitachi Magic Wand was rubbed against my foundation. Then my potted plants wobbled a little. Then, on cue, the dachshund woke up and started barking. I must admit that my heart started to flutter a bit. This is a typical night-just-became-morning pattern 'round here at the Williams Whorehouse. However, it cannot normally be attributed to *actual* seismic activity. What a nice change of pace!

I didn't actually stand in one, but I am presently relieved that my apartment has approximately 341 doorways. Here at W2, I often rue the lack of wall space and the restricted furniture-arranging options. Oh well. The house was built by hobos who seemed to have used sand, saliva, Lincoln Logs, lead paint, and pigeon droppings as the main construction components. This time-tested and true blend of materials renders a house like WW quite flexible. I'm guessing this is a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dissident Sister said...

Shut up! Y'all had a gen-u-ine earthquake?

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home